|Clear containers to show filtration.|
I use the solid food grade buckets.
The Ceramic Water Filter System that I use is by Pristine Filtration. I have used this system for the past 5+ years. Decided to keep this system when moving and brought it with me to my new smaller living home. I run all my water through it. Due to my limited space, I have it set up in my shower stall in my bathroom. Once my 5 gallons of water is filtered, I put the water into one of my NewWave 5 gallon water bottles. (as spoken of in my ‘Water’ blog) Now that I have the water pumps on those bottles, it is so easy to use my water for all purposes.
This water filter system is so effective, easy to use and to put together:
1. Simply double stack two clean (food grade) five-gallon buckets with lids.
2. Drill a 1/2″ hole in the bottom of the top bucket and also through the top of the bottom buckets lid.
3. Place the sock over the filter and install it in the bottom of the top bucket.
4. Drill a 3/4″ hole on the side and near the bottom of the bottom bucket and install the spigot.
5. Place the top bucket with filter into the hole on the top of the bottom bucket lid hole to secure.
6. Fill the top bucket with water from a lake, rain, tap, river or stream and in an hour you will have bacteria free water to drink in the bottom bucket.
7. Use spigot on the bottom bucket to dispense water.
Water Filter Standards
Filters are manufactured to meet:
National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) Standard 42
National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) Standard 53
ISO 9002 Quality Standard
USA AEL Laboratories
USA Analytical Food Laboratories
USA Johns Hopkins University Laboratory
Abbot Laboratory South Africa
University of Chihuahua Mexico
British 5750 Quality Standard
England’s Water Research Council (WRc) Performance Standards
The filtration efficiency is 0.5 microns
99% Arsenic 5 and 99% Arsenic 3 (special order)
99% Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S special order)
95% Chlorine and Chloramines
95% Poly Aromatic Hydrocarbons
99.999% of particles larger than 0.5 microns (Staffordshire University Labs) (includes Anthrax)
99.7% of particles larger than 0.3 microns (Staffordshire University Labs)
98% of particles larger than 0.2 microns (Staffordshire University Labs)
100% Giardia Lamblia
100% removal of live Cryptosporidium (WRc Standard)
100% removal of Cryptosporidium (NSF Standard 53 – A.C. fine dust – 4 log challenge)
100% removal of E. Coli, Vibrio Cholerae (Johns Hopkins University)
99.999% removal of Salmonella Typhil, Shigella Dysenteria, Kiebsiella Terrigena (Hyder Labs)
The product is silver impregnated and will not permit bacteria growth-through (mitosis) provides a hostile environment for all microbiological organisms and will not support their growth. Ceramic elements may be cleaned 100 or more times with a soft brush or damp cloth.